Monday 23 January 2012

Aphorisms

   As a new post for a new year, this is an ongoing list of aphorisms coined by me (and probably sounding like the rants of a grumpy OM) and occasionally by others when they appeal to me.  I'll add to it as I get the urge.  Feel free to contribute!

1.  Babies sucking dummies morph into cricketers chewing gum. 

2.  Denigrating Aborigines is as Australian as mowing the lawn.

3.  Time taken reading a book could be spent in the "real world", unless it is a good book which reveals the "real world".  
(same with films, etc)

4.  Children drink cows' milk but then grow up and eat cheese.

5.  Bicycles run on fat and save you money, cars run on money and make you fat.

6. "That which is everybody's business is nobody's business"  
    Isaak Walton "The Compleat Angler".  (My current read)

7.  If the supermarkets find out I like something, they immediately stop stocking it (but continue to fill a whole row with cat food).

8.  "What are riches to the man who has just been stung by a bull-ant?"
     Lennie Lower "Here's Luck" 

9.  If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve already got.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment