Anyone who reads the comments that accompany blogs, online news articles, etc, can not help noticing the recurring language that is the stock-in-trade of commenters. I've decided to compile a list of the top 10 examples of expressions that the commenters use without having a clue what they mean but somehow the use bolsters the otherwise meagre argument.
* elephant in the room (as in "That poor little elephant, Nuclear, is still standing around in the room going "Pick me, pick me".)
* emperor has no clothes (do they know the Aesop's fable and its moral?)
* ad hominem
* rusted-on (as in supporters of political parties)
* no brainer
* disingenuous (usually spelt wrong, but a current buzz word)
* luvvies (I think it means left-wing, as in latte etc)
* tribalism (new buzz word)
As is now iconically traditional with my top 10s, there are eleven. Feel free to make contributions to the list, in the comments below! Be a commenter!